Now that winter is in full swing, you're probably day dreaming of your next warm-weather escape. One of our favorite spots to soak in some sun and unwind is Key West, where there's some thing for everyone. Here's our guide to Key West 5 ways:
1. Road Trip, anyone? Rent a car from Miami and make the the 3 hour drive to Key West via the Overseas Highway. We stopped in Marathon Key for one night. Although it was a quite town, we saw the best sunset and enjoyed some fresh fish at Sparky's Landing. Big fan of Bloodline? The real Rayburn Inn (aka Moorings Village) is in Islamorada. Just don't try to walk onto the beach - we learned the hard way.
2. Catch a show. Although there's no shortage of people watching on Duval Street, check out the drag show at the 801 Cabaret. You will not be disappointed! The staff is incredibly friendly and hilariously raunchy. They also host drag bingo on Sunday afternoons.
3. Surf's SUP. Rent some paddle boards or kayak at the Lazy Dog and check out the canal houses by boat. Don't worry, there aren't any gators in the water. Or least that's what they say ;)
4. Ain't no party like a Mallory Square sunset party. Get there early and grab a mojito from Jimmy's cart. The view is one of the best in town.
6. Bonus! If you're feeling super adventurous, take the seaplane to Dry Tortugas. Unfortunately for us, our plane had some mechanical issues and we weren't able to go. But we highly recommend looking into this! We hear the views are incredible.